Saturday, October 30, 2010

Beyond the Valley of the Brood


The Brood is a KICK ASS all-girl garage revival band from Maine who started in the early 80's. They released a buttload of albums, singles and were featured on a slew of compilations. A complete (or semi-complete?) discography is here. If you like The Pandoras, you will love The Brood. I discovered this band when I was about 18 or 19 and was a wannabe mod. I had no money to buy cool clothes and even if I did have money to buy cool clothes, my Christian mom probably wouldn't have let me dress cool anyways. C'est la vie.



4 comments:

  1. i have seen your post and That was very informative and very entertaining for me. Thanks for posting.

    www.n8fan.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. man i forgot how much i loved sound of this band. I got their 45 single "but you're gone" when I was in high school. their stuff was typically hard to find so I stopped checking around for it.....until now!

    ReplyDelete

  3. There are times that we encounter fear and disappointments in life yet we still manage to stand up straight and face it rather that being silent. That was a very good example of being a brave person. Well, I would like to thank you for sharing a very good article it is very much appreciated, good job! You can visit my site too if you want. Have a great day.Enjoy!

    triciajoy.com

    www.triciajoy.com

    ReplyDelete

  4. Very interesting story. I didn't find it boring to read. In fact, I really had a lot of fun reading your post. Thanks.

    Bob
    www.gofastek.com

    ReplyDelete