Sunday, July 4, 2010

Johnny vs. Johnny


Joanie Sommers has 13 albums under her belt and was in several movies and television shows (including a bunch of cool game shows from the 60's!). Johnny Get Angry was her biggest hit and I thought that this song was probably the only popular song in history to feature a kazoo, but boy... was I wrong.




Did you guys know that Shelly Fabares, who sang Johnny Angel, was the wife in the television sitcom Coach??!! She also was an actress throughout the 50's and 60's in numerous movies and television shows, but was most well-known for her lead role as the teenage daughter in The Donna Reed Show from the late 50's to mid-60's. She recorded two full-length LPs and was featured on several soundtracks and compilations. I can't get over how sweet this video is. I wish I was a teenager in the 60's...

No comments:

Post a Comment