Saturday, March 13, 2010

CUTE OVERLOAD: Banana Erectors


A friend introduced me to this band a few years ago and I instantly fell in love. Banana Erectors are a pop punk band from Japan. It's as if The Ramones were fronted by a bouncing little baby. Seriously, Masumi's voice sounds like a punk rock baby. It's so cute. They released a handful of 7" singles and an album on SFTRI. I actually found the album on vinyl in a thrift store when I was visiting Athens, Georgia. Talk about a good thrift store day! The only other punk record I've ever found in a thrift store was Fear's first album. Bummer. Anyways, you can hear a bunch of songs here!!

Unfortunately I could only find one video of them on the internet, it's decent quality, but worth checking out because it's two amazing cover songs by the B-Girls and MnM's:

No comments:

Post a Comment