Saturday, September 5, 2009

Get with the program: Dead Moon

Dead Moon is the best rock and roll band to ever exist. Fred Cole is the coolest, sexiest, toughest rock n roller ever.

Several years ago my friend Megan tried to get me into Dead Moon and for some reason I didn’t listen to her. I finally got my head out of my ass last year when I discovered (post-Dead Moon band) the Pierced Arrows at San Diego’s Johnny Rad Fest. I bought a shirt from Toody Cole (bass/vocals), and as she took the money out of my hand she knocked over her beer and it splashed all over her jeans. She was pissed. I felt uncomfortable and grabbed my shirt and ran away. I ruined a living legend’s jeans. I decided it was my mission in life to collect literally every record that Fred Cole has played on. I’m not close to being done, but I’m getting there.

First off, if you’ve never heard of Dead Moon, you need to get into them. As in, like, today. Right now. If you don’t believe me, sacrifice 1.5 hours of your life by watching the Dead Moon documentary, Unknown Passage. You’ll learn about Fred Cole’s early bands from the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s (The Weeds, Lollipop Shoppe, Zipper, the Rats, etc) and his family life with his wife (and bandmate), Toody. The dude lives in a log cabin in the middle of nowhere and is an all-around badass. Oh yeah, he’s a total DILF and has a face tattoo (which normally is not sexy at all, but on him = totally sexy). Here’s the trailer:



One of my fave Dead Moon’s songs:

No comments:

Post a Comment