Saturday, November 27, 2010

How many Ikettes does it take to screw in a lightbulb?


I didn't realize the Ikette turnover rate was so high until today. Did you know there have been over 40 Ikettes??!!

First off, I had no idea P.P. Arnold was an Ikette! I always thought she was a solo singer whose LPs are impossible to find and when you do find them, they're really expensive. WTF!



I've seen records of Bonnie Bramlett but never actually listened to them. Note to self: buy Bonnie Bramlett records!!



Vanetta Fields sang back up for The Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan and Pink Floyd (!!!!)



I also never knew Brenda Holloway was in Ikette. What the hell!?!?!!!



SUPER FUCKING FUNKY gospel sisters called The Stovall Sisters sang back ups in the late 60's. This track is literally mindblowing. Jeez... like a DJ's dream:



The rest of The Ikettes' names can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment